And I'm talking "embarrassing prom night incident" quick:
Red Wings 4-5 Stars (OT)
- Datsyuk had one of those games that inspires you to do good on this Earth. I want to help my fellow man. I want to save a litter of puppies from a burning building. I want to give away a kidney. OK -- maybe Alonzo Morning's kidney -- but still. He's a fucking wizard.
- So wizardly, in fact, that the Versus color commentator claims Pav would be the "valedictorian of awesome school". The valedictorian of awesome school. Talk about sucking all the fun out of his performance, Jesus. I don't know how to properly address this quote without comparing it on some level to Tim Brando's brain-fuckingly retarded call during the 2008 NCAA basketball tourney.
- Speaking of Versus ... Def Leppard. It's getting harder to refute this Def Lep/Versus/Red Wings curse thing, people. I'm just saying.
- Brad Stuart's play in the final 10 seconds of this game, which directly led to the losing goal, is reprehensible. It was anti-Datsyukian. Actually it was nearly Satanic. It made me want to kill the mother and children of my fellow man, eat a barrel of live puppies and stab Alonzo Morning repeatedly. Wait, I already wanted to do that last thing.
- For a 5-4 game, the winning goaltender played like a used tampon, while the losing goaltender was spectacular and made two highlight real saves that I'm sure Ken Holland is jerking off to as I speak.