March 17, 2009

Check out WTF Holland

While clicking around the Internet on what was a very slow Monday, I came across WTF Holland, a Wings blog that I hadn't seen before. Give it a look if you haven't already. WTFH author Kyle recently wrote up a monster recap of a Griffins game that had more content than a Tony Danza biography and the Kuran put together. This observation of Manny Legace stood out:


"It was clear from warmups he wasn't going to start today, but it was still grimly humorous to watch him. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Manny, probably the only Red Wing goalie in recent history I can't say I've "hated" for any period of time, and I wish dearly that someone would pick him up because he isn't done. But in the warmup, he looked really depressed. When Peoria's other goalie, Chris Holt, was warming up, Legace was slouched against the boards. When he was taking pucks in warmups, he just waved at everything and stopped nothing. I know how it works, most goalies don't really try in warmups because they'll tire themselves out, but there was something about it that was so funny. He'd drop to his knees eventually and then just wave at everything"


That paragraph somehow managed to be both hysterically funny and morbidly depressing.



1 comment:

Kyle said...

The incident was definitely just as hysterically funny and morbidly depressing as your reaction to the paragraph. Even for just taking shots in warmups, it can only be described as "lifeless." I'd never seen anything like it before.

And yes, I tend to get very wordy. I figure if I threw enough thoughts out there some of them will be perceived as good, but we'll see.

Thanks for the plug though, and thanks for the excuse to scour the YouTubes for clips from the short-lived Tony Danza daytime talk show. What a trainwreck that was.