July 24, 2009

I am Bored: Episode IV


The All-"My dad's favorite hockey players" Red Wings team:

______________________________________

____ - ____ - Doug Brown
____ - ____ - ____
____ - ____ - ____
____ - ____ - ____

____ - ____
____ - ____
____ - ____

____
____

____________________________________


At least once every four months or so my dad will say "hey, whatever happened to Doug Brown?" And then I'll tell him that he's like 50 years old and retired about 10 years ago, and that he should watch hockey again so that he can find a new favorite player. Then dad will say "what, is 50 supposed to be old or something?" And then I'll be like "yeah, it's pretty fucking old, Dad." And then he'll say "Well go to hell son." And I'll say, "Kiss my ass old man." And he'll say, "Fuck off, I wish we threw you in a dumpster after you were born like I wanted to." And then I'll be like, "Whoa, wait a minute--" and then he'll cut me off with, "DOUG BROWN IS THE EPITOME OF HUMAN EXCELENCE WHO ONCE DID THE IMPOSSIBLE TASK OF DRAWING A PENALTY IN A TRIPLE OVERTIME GAME THAT DIRECTLY LED TO A GAME-WINNING GOAL" ... and then we'll both hug and begin to sob until daybreak.

5 comments:

Animal Drew said...

Wow, you ARE bored.

Still got a chuckle out of me, so I thank you for that.

Matt Saler said...

Again: wow.

It needs to be September.

I will say that Doug Brown running across the ice in the 1998 Finals is one of those all-time hockey happy memories. It sucked when he got picked up by Nashville in the expansion draft. But then we got him back (for the other P. Sykora).

Now I want to go back to my parents house to liberate that decaying VHS of that game...

Osrt said...

dude...you got some daddy issues

hilarous

Caitlin said...

You never cease to bring me laughter. Thank you...and your dad for that.

signals3_t5 said...

Oh, friend Caitlin a agree you !



Get More Details