July 29, 2009

Red Wings running out of guys to sign who aren't 3rd line NHL wingers


The Wings signed D-man Andy Delmore, a guy who spent the last few seasons in Germany playing for the Frozen Hamburgers or something.

______________________________________________________________

According to www.hockeydb.com, Delmore had 10 goals and 35 points in 51 games in 2007-08 and nine goals and 31 points in 52 games last season for the Freezers.

With the signing of Delmore, the Griffins have rounded out their veteran core after adding left-handed-shooting defenseman Doug Janik and forwards Kris Newbury and Jeremy Williams during the off-season. They also re-signed Ryan Oulahen.

______________________________________________________________


(Hockeydb was not linked up there because if you were to click it, you would never get off the computer. It's cyber heroin.)


So that still leaves us waiting on a completed version of this thing:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Franzen-Filppula-Cleary
Leino-Helm-Abdelkader?
Maltby-Draper- _____


::::::::::


Alright, now that we've avoided the shame of having the next bit of news be our only reason for posting, we can tell you in good conscience (not really) that The Triple Deke is now on Twitter.



There is hardly a practical reason for this. In truth, it may never be used. We shall see.

So if you've got one of these contraptions, follow us or friend us or whatever the hell it is that you do so we aren't so lonely, and in the meantime we will try to figure out what "RT" and all that shit is suppose to mean.

10 comments:

Cameron Kittle said...

I'm still not sure because I don't care enough to even google it and find out, but I believe RT stands for "response to."

Thanks for the comment on my last post...that last line was so funny I would have spit out my drink if I had one.

Anonymous said...

Twitter. Don't get it.

Several months ago, many of the blogs I read made big announcements that they were all a-twitter. It seemed there was a lot of twittering the first few days, then not much. I mean, I don't care if you're doing laundry. Even you, Tyler. It seems Kid Rock says so too.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07292009/gossip/pagesix/kid_rock_is_anti_twitter_181887.htm

Tram

Animal Drew said...

I signed up for Twitter and that's as far as I got...and that was at least a week ago. Matt Saler was kind enough to e-mail me basic instructions, but I still don't get it.

Sign Downey...there will be blood.

Matt Saler said...

RT is "retweet." Twitter's version of a link to another blogger's stuff, basically.

Glad you guys are on Twitter now. Your wit is needed there.

Download TweetDeck or DestroyTwitter or some other app. They make the Twitter user experience better. Twitter from twitter.com sucks.

Animal Drew said...

...see, I told you Matt was good.

Tyler said...

Thanks for the knowledge Matt.

I swear to God, the very first time I saw "RT", my initial thought was that the Tweet-er was saying something to frequent Triple Deke commenter R.T. For 3 full seconds this is what I genuinely thought. I feel 85 years old for admitting this.

RT, I hope you see this so that my shame wasn't shared in vain.

"Frequent Triple Deke Commenter" RT said...

No shame in that brother. I too was confused when I first saw my initials sullied by the hipster crack rock they call twitter. I'm definitely one of the people that just doesn't "get it" which makes matters even worse.

Thusly, from now on, I will refer to myself as Frequent Triple Deke Commenter RT in my comments (also putting that on my CV) to avoid further confusion.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting this Hudler thing resolved tomorrow so we can dip into this relatively shallow UFA pool within the next week or two. Can't wait for a welcome blogpost to make up for all of the farewells.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Yuri Butsayev, Doug Brown, and Nik Lidstrom=Joe Montana references but this offseason so far has been the most brutal in recent memory. October can't come soon enough...

cmk said...

I went on Twitter a couple of months before Oprah did. After she hyped the hell out of it, my interest kind of went away. (Oprah has the tendency to kill my interest in things.) My last tweet was two months ago. I am now a follower of yours, but it remains to be seen whether I will read much of what you tweet. (I, however, seem to be addicted to Facebook.)

And I STILL don't know how to do everything on Twitter. I don't just FEEL 85, I'm way too close to that age for my comfort. Oh, and TweetDeck is MUCH better than the regular Twitter page.

Baroque said...

I don't have a Facebook account and I'm not on Twitter either - I'm less connected than any of you! Ha-ha-ha!

(Actually I just don't have any time to fuss around with computer stuff - if it doesn't work perfectly the first time, and it doesn't have a highly intuitive operation, I lose interest in about 7 nanoseconds.)

signals3_t5 said...

thanks for this info. I read made big announcements that they were all a-twitter.



Get More Details