SABRES 3-1 RED WINGS
After everything that happened today, I could give a damn about this recap. But I have made it a goal to have a recap post after each pre/regular/post season game this year. Even if I'm proverbially slapping the reader in the face with a half-assed effort like this.
* It was one of "those" Wings games: out-shoot them 43-20; dominate play and set tempo throughout; other goalie pulls out a win.
* Tomas Tatar looks like he knows what he's doing with the puck. He managed to draw a few ooo's and ahh's. We should all pay close attention to this little tot (I'm so fucking witty) wherever he ends up playing this year.
* KIRK COUSINS WHAT ARE YOU DOING THROW THE BALL AWAY YOU STUPID PIECE OF MOTHERFU
* Sorry. Inappropriate.
* What comes to mind when you think "Jimmy Howard" ........ Uncomfortable? Uneasy? Erratic? Rebounds? Chafing? Vomiting? Bleeding? Anal Bleeding?
* Jakub Kindl has been in the Wings organization since he was 6. It's been forever. I like the way that he was moving the puck on the power play. You can tell he worked on Gordon Bombay's egg passing drill over the summer.
* Random thought: do the Sabres make the playoffs? Good coach, goalie, pretty deep at forward. Thin D corps could hold them back, but Lindy Ruff missing 3 straight playoffs in the parity era would be surprising. (Note: last year I said Lindy Ruff missing 2 straight playoffs in the parity era would be surprising.)
* You know the overused "he's worth the price of admission" thing? That should be saved only for Pavel Datsyuk. He's worth the price of a ticket, gas money and parking to go downtown and watch an otherwise meaningless game. Nearly a whole decade of this and I still can't believe some of the stuff he tries. The most impressive thing to me was during the final minute when he made a diving, hooking reverse poke-check to steal the puck and hold it in at the blue line.
* Next game: First roadie of the year, Monday, 7:00, @ New York Rangers.