DETROIT RED WINGS 5 -4 VANCOUVER CANUCKS
- From the Twitter of Babcock's Death Stare: "JIMMY HOWARD FOR PRESIDENT OF SPACE"
- Vancouver scored 30 seconds into the game. Me and my friends tuned it 40 seconds into the game. That was a very disappointing feeling. Osgood? More like Osbad. Do you get it? Do you understand my jokes?
- Young James was dynamite when he had to be, except for a 5-on-3 goal that shouldn't have taken place to begin with. Good on him to finally get a win. I loved the stone job he did on Kesler in the 3rd period, who made a world class move in getting around Ericsson and then doing what 50% of people try in NHL 10 online: deke to the inside like you're coming out front, but instead swoop behind for the wrap around. Kesler played his move to perfection and was still denied.
- Ryan Johnson going headfirst into the boards was a horrifying scene. I haven't seen an update on his condition other than he can move his limbs and stuff. I thought the dude was fucking dead on impact. Not really, but still.
- I seem to recall once getting involved in a minor intertube squabble with a maternal memed troll at a certain acronym-heavy website over the skating prowess of Pavel Datsyuk. I hope this person saw Pav's first goal of the season. And congratulations if you actually understood what I just said.
- Employee #44 once again looked pretty good.
- Did Fil get faster somehow, or am I just paying less attention to his hair? I liked that burst of speed he used to draw a hooking penalty (which resulted in a goal, and also prompted Ken Daniels to say the words "PENALTY SHOT???" for like the 9ooth time.)
- Datsyuk is on my fantasy team and I forgot to set my lineup yesterday, so he was benched. Yeah.
- I like having Brad May around.
- I don't mind Holmstrom either. I love this man. He's been nothing short of his own ESPN Classic episode through the first ten games.
- The Triple Deke's top 3 Wings
#2 ~ Pavel Datsyuk (2 goals, 1 assist). Probably could have had six or seven goals if he wasn't collecting social security and pooping himself.
#1 ~ Jimmy Howard (20/22 on saves). He really showed his sack tonight. Getting dropped into a smorgasbord of suck after Ozzie's corpse was removed, and going against the elite-iest of goalies, he didn't disappoint.