COLORADO AVALANCHE 4 - 3 DETROIT RED WINGS (SO)
I had the distinct privilege of missing this game, so this will be brief.
- Third time in seven games that the Wings have had a two goal lead and lost. Regardless of what time of the year it is, that's really bad. I don't care about "new" or "old" NHL -- two goal lead in the 3rd period at home should equal a win.
- My friend updating me on the game sent me a text when it was 2-0 saying "Goals from Bertuzzi and Abdelkader". It looked so odd that I saved it. Definitely one of those strange images you want to preserve, like if you were to see a UFO or Claude Lemieux burning alive.
- Bert was a 3 Stars selection for the second straight game. I'm working through a 47-step program that will allow me to say something positive about him, but I'm still a ways off. I'm having trouble getting past Step #1: "Stop watching hockey".
- Spotted at Av's Talk after the game:
- Five game road trip starts in Phoenix next week. The Coyotes beat the Bruins 4-1 tonight to improve to 5-2 ..... in three games against Pittsburgh, San Jose and Boston, they've allowed a total of one goal. Surprised? Shame on you. You forgot about this mother fucker right here: