October 29, 2009

Imitation Cherry


DETROIT RED WINGS @ EDMONTON OILERS

9:00 -- Rexall Place

Wings: 4-4-2, 12th in Western Conference | Oilers: 5-6-1, 8th in Western Conference
____________________________________________________________


TTD Oiler blog of choice: Black Dog Hates Skunks

"Oh what a difference four days makes, Saturday evening the Oilers were on top of the world, having dispatched the BJS on Thursday with such elan that we were breaking out the Bananarama and Dexy's Midnight Runners, oh baby the 80s are back! And the flu ridden lot of them came back from their little trip oh and two and then last night they stumbled and now Detroit and Boston are on the horizon and folks are talking about trading the whole lot of the sorry bums, again."

*****


I didn't realize that this wasn't the real Grapes until the video was almost done, the impression is that dead on. It's a guy named Rodney Dean, and this is a made-up story using names of the 2008-09 Edmonton Oilers.




By the way that's the corniest title I've ever written. I hate writing titles.

8 comments:

Animal Drew said...

Aw, schucks...I thought the title was super!

Osrt said...

Can we pull one of these off for the Wings?

Triple Deke Staff said...

I don't think it would work in print, it's gotta be audio like this. So we'd need a mic, and like 2 months of planning ... maybe make it a Christmas story in that case.

hockeychic said...

New song by Warrant, "She's my Imitation Cherry Pie." O.k. that was weak...I'm lame.

J.J. from Kansas said...

Hockeychic: That one was a real comedy grenadine.

I need help.

Baroque said...

BDHS is among the group of my favorite blogs on the internet. Excellent choice.

(And yes, you are there too.) :)

Triple Deke Staff said...

(And yes, you are there too.) :)

ppshshsshhhh, I don't need your support.

(this is a total lie and you're the only positive opinion I seek and if you ever leave this blog I will hunt you down and kill you because I lack the requisite social skills.)

admin said...

Hey!

This is really a well written blog. I've been reading quite a bit of your content lately. As it goes I own and operate http://www.TheReedReview.com and we're currently looking for writers. We'd certainly be interested in bringing you in if you are interested. Give me a shout back if you are.
admin@thereedreview.com

Cheers,
Matt