November 18, 2009

Worst Goalie Ever Goes For 4th Straight Win


DALLAS STARS @ DETROIT RED WINGS

7:30 -- Joe Louis Arena

Stars: 8-5-6 (22 pts), 8th in West | Wings: 10-5-3 (23 pts), 7th in West
________________________________________________


Stars blog of choice: Patty at Penalty Killing


"They keep saying they’re looking for consistency, but as Ryan Lambert, the Puck Daddy What We Learned guy, points out, win lose win lose win lose win lose is consistent. They need to start winning games when it’s their turn to lose one.

I’m almost expecting them to win against Detroit on Wednesday night. I never assume that, but this win-lose-win-lose thing might be more powerful than the usual pattern against Detroit of lose-lose-lose."


Patty isn't kidding. The Stars have not gone two consecutive games yet without picking up at least one point. In case you missed it, Dallas lost 3-2 in regulation to the Coyotes. So, long layoff for the Wings + coming off big win + home game = "should win". But Dallas' win/lose universal karma = a Wings loss. So that flips it back to a win again based on my Reverse/Reverse jinx hypothesis thing. (I swear to god when I first started this blog I intended for it to sound more analysis-oriented. A year and a half into it and I sound like a fucking tarot card reader.) Patty also had this about Mike Ribiero:


"Ribeiro frustrates me no end. I actually really like Ribeiro. I love the crazy dipsy-doodling stuff and the highlight-reel goals and the unbelievable passes. But I do not like the poking along, the standing around, and the refusing to give up the puck to a teammate before he’s forced to give it to the opposition. I can take a little of that if I have more of the good stuff to cling to. But the percentages are way out of whack. Lately, I’m only seeing the stuff I don’t like."


*****


This video never gets old. If you've had the misfortune of not experiencing it, be sure you watch it all the way through.





9 comments:

Baroque said...

If you haven't read this classic post from Four Habs Fans, I highly recommend it:

http://fourhabsfans.blogspot.com/2008/01/hf10s-all-star-rant-fuck-you-mickey.html

:)

Markk said...

Messier - truly a leader that they should name a trophy after.


Tyler, how do you find this crap? Hilarious (obviously after knowing he's OK now), especially the announcers' reactions.

Anonymous said...

Now that I've stopped laughing, I feel all dirty. I think I better rinse and repeat!

Anonymous said...

"I can't believe we just saw that" Nope. Me neither.

Tram

Triple Deke Staff said...

http://fourhabsfans.blogspot.com/2008/01/hf10s-all-star-rant-fuck-you-mickey.html

I had missed that, thanks. That was a spirited read.

Tyler, how do you find this crap?

I don't remember how I came across that one, it was a while ago. I was happy to have remembered it. And yes, it feels much better laughing knowing that he's fine.

- Tyler

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, the Bruins bloggers said the same thing. They were alternating wins and losses and came in with a loss the previous game and Detroit still beat them.

That video horrified me...

cmk said...

DAMN but that video was horrifying--and hysterically funny at the same time. The voices in my head are fighting over how we should think of this. (I believe the ones that look on it as 'hysterically funny' are winning.)

David said...

i didn't know Messier and the Great Gazoo wore the same brand of helmet...

Sahil said...

Try the new axe instinct online game its addictive and its has 5 good looking girls to choos from before you start the game..Natalie, Kelley, Tanya, Linda and Simran.
at the end of the game the girls meet you seperately and obey your commands that you type in!!

Oh! and you can also win a Sony psp :)

Check this link out!

http://www.axeplay.zapak.com/