November 11, 2009

Rick Nash somehow becomes even scarier


DETROIT RED WINGS @ COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS


7:00 -- Nationwide Arena

Wings: 7-5-3, 11th in Western Conference | BJ's: 9-5-2, 6th in Western Conference
____________________________________________________________




*****

You know that the Wings are going to lose this game. Which means they will win it. Don't look at me like that, it makes perfect sense.


Blue Jackets blog of choice: Puck-rakers (Columbus Post Dispatch)


"The 1,000-Game Coaches Club

A list of coaches who have coached 1,000 games or more in the NHL:

1. Scott Bowman (2141 games) 1244 wins, 573 losses, 314 ties, 10 overtime losses
2. Al Arbour (1607) 782-577-248-0
3. Dick Irvin (1449) 692-527-230-0

............

16. Ken Hitchcock (999) 520-328-88-63"


That's right, it's "Hitch 1K" tonight. Yeah I made that up. Dammit I said quit looking at me -- it's
been a zany few days on my end of the Internet and my 'A' game is missing. I'm like "2004 Dominik Hasek" right now: rusty, all over the place, and waiting for my groin to pop out of my pants at any moment. (Wait, I essentially just said that I'm normally the Dom Hasek of bloggers.)

2nd try: I'm "pick-a-year Tim Chevaldae".

*****

A video search of "Columbus Blue Jackets" results in "Did you mean: watch paint dry". So how about something interesting to get you going this morning:




This is totally related. The catch was made by T.J. Duckett, who caught the pass from Jeff Smoker, who was later suspended by the team for substance abuse, which is exactly what I consider doing each time Rick Nash touches the puck.

19 comments:

markk said...

Excellent post. The best ones are always the ones that have nothing to do with the game.

The captcha "splorth" summarizes my game prediction.

Animal Drew said...

Let's all pray that Rick Nash does not haunt our dreams tonight.

Chris in Hockey Hell said...

"You know that the Wings are going to lose this game. Which means they will win it"

As Wings fans, we all know that statement makes perfect sense. Kinda like, "Saturday we play the Leafs, we'll win that game." Ooops.

Animal Drew said...

Tyler...I know you're a Marty Jannetty fan, so I think you should come on over to NOHS and check out today's Pointless Preview

mrfluffy said...

Drew...you have no shame.

But it is a good preview.

Rick Fucking Nash.

ACK! I just scared myself.

We're due in Cleveland tomorrow for a convention...I wonder if the missus will let us leave tonight for Columbus..."But babe...it's only $88 for both of us to get in the door..." Will update as things progress...or should I say regress?

J.J. from Kansas said...

Rick Nash has the hunger for goalie blood now. That's the only reason Babs has Jimmah starting in net tonight over Osgood.

itrusteddrrahmani said...

Go Blue :/

Triple Deke Staff said...

I'm starting to wonder if Jimmah is allowed to play at home. Osrt pointed out way back at the Boston game that all his games are on the road. Even his start against the Blues in Sweden was the one designated as a "road" game.

This will be his NINTH straight road game dating back to the '07-'08 season.

- Tyler

hockeychic said...

Agh, Rick Fucking Nash. Where's the vodka?

Anyway, lovely game day post.

"You know that the Wings are going to lose this game. Which means they will win it"

Perfect logic that Wings fans understand.

David said...

they stopped the clock too fast! time should've run out!!! arghhh

J.J. from Kansas said...

I'm starting to wonder if Jimmah is allowed to play at home.

Maybe Babs has been reading Gramps and is afraid to put him on Detroit ice for fear of a sniper attack.

Osrt said...

I think today's game will be a positive uplifting experience for all of us. We will live the joy of a sports team's victory and bask in the light of their skill. Everyone will work very hard and do what is necessary to win.


Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Triple Deke Staff said...

Welcome back to the Mitten. How was the Gold Club in ATL?

cmk said...

Everything is sunshine and lollipops and rainbows and...

Ah, hell, I think I started drinking early! That's what thinking about tonight's game gets ya. And that concludes my pointless comment for today.

Baroque said...

I feel a Rick Nash hat trick approaching.

It's like the feeling of impending doom in a horror movie, right before you turn around and are stabbed repeatedly while screaming in terror.

Baroque said...

And then you wake up gasping and in a cold sweat and realize it was only a very very very bad dream. :)

cmk said...

AND you realize everything really IS sunshine and lollipops and rainbows...

mrfluffy said...

"And then you wake up gasping and in a cold sweat and realize it was only a very very very bad dream."

Only to find the bitch really did stick a snake inbetwixt the sheets with you.

Baroque said...

Geez, put ONE borrowed corn snake in ONE ex-boyfriend's bed and some people won't let it drop EVER. :D