December 5, 2009

Wings / Devils Pregame


DETROIT RED WINGS @ NEW JERSEY DEVILS

7:00 -- Prudential Center

Wings: Oh my god. | Devils: 18-7-1 (37 points), 4th in East
_________________________________________________


Devils blog of choice: Interchangeable Parts

My liveblogging skills pale in comparison to the ladies of IPB. They have conquered the medium like a fine art form -- sort of like Kris Draper and his mastery of always putting a slapshot directly into a goalie's logo. To see either of those is to witness Monet in his happiest of happy places.

0:00 - To cap off an entertainingly dreadful period, we get an interview with Niedermayer (the Lesser). He probably also doesn’t know alix’s cousin’s name, but the opportunity doesn’t arise for him to reveal that. Stan asks him for the solution for how the Devils can score goals, and sadly, Niedermayer (the Lesser) doesn’t bust out laughing and say, “If I knew that, would I be (the Lesser)?”

*****

This is Fox's intro to Game 1 of the 1995 Stanley Cup Finals. I watched it three times. I'm having trouble deciding if it's the worst or the worst best worstest thing that has ever happened.




I had totally forgotten that the Finals were part of my slate of Saturday morning cartoons. Thanks for reminding me, Youtube.

8 comments:

Baroque said...

Hockey if played in the universe of Roger Rabbit.

That was ... well, it was something. I'm not sure what, but definitely something.

cmk said...

Ten minutes...ten fricking minutes I sat here, with my jaw on the floor, trying to figure out what the hell that video was. This left me speechless, but mumbling to myself--and that will continue for the rest of the day. Oh my, oh my...

Osrt said...

Definitely best worst. I wish we saw more of that idiocy rather than OLN's attempt to treat this shenanigans like a real sport.

Triple Deke Staff said...

It struck me because I had just watched the ABC broadcast of the 2002 Finals the other day, and they played it up as epic and dramatic (as they should). And compared to this it was like a completely different sport.

hockeychic said...

I live in an alternate universe where the 1995 Cup Finals just did not happen. Put it this way, my best friend watched some of the games with me and remarked, "I had no idea you had such a potty mouth."

Ugh, I hate the Devils (the Evil Empire is what I call them). I am really hoping this is one of those rare games where the Wings actually show up to play.

About the video, I don't know what to say...I guess there are actually worse things than Versus, I'm not surprised that I don't remember this because in my world, the 95 Cup Finals just didn't happen.

Markk said...

What... the F!@# was that? Wow.

Although the victim at 1:19 being dissolved into little balls of death was pretty sweet.

It's amazing that those things don't stick out in our memory because they seemed normal at the time.

瘦身 said...

Everything comes if a man will only wait........................................

J.J. from Kansas said...

I've never heard of a browser fortune cookie before.