January 8, 2010

Game #JimmyHoward -- Red Wings @ Kings


DETROIT RED WINGS 2 - 1 LOS ANGELES KINGS


The Wings managed to play a time traveling version of themselves from one of those horror-iffic playoff rounds, like Edmonton '06 or Anaheim '03. They give up 50+ shots and win a hockey game. I don't know how, but it happened.

I listened to it from my car, as I tried to avoid careening off the road in a snowstorm with each save, so that prevents me from doing the usual recap. Unless you want me to describe Ken Kal and Paul Woods' voices, which at times I think are too good for radio. Ken himself almost caused my colon to burst into flames because of how tense he made the game feel. The Kal/Woods team is simply the best in the business.




I went to bed shortly after it was over, woke up about ten minutes ago and said "I can't keep sleeping without saying something about this game." So here's your due, Jimmy Howard. You too Darren Helm, you incredible manslut. Phenomenal performances.

*****

... Stay tuned ...

The next Herm 2 Hockeytown commercial will be unveiled later today.



2 comments:

M said...

Yes - good comments on Ken Kal and Paul Woods - many empty nights made rich in this hockey wasteland that is Portland on the left.

Anonymous said...

"... Stay tuned ...

The next Herm 2 Hockeytown commercial will be unveiled later today."

You tease.