February 15, 2010

The Olympic Break



You're probably wondering what TTD is going to look like over the next two weeks--

whoa, wait. Holy balls is that ever narcissistic. I'm sure there's at least one of you out there who doesn't wonder about our every move, write Triple Deke fan fiction or buy our merchandise from the non-existent TTD store (but oh man, if there WAS a store I know you'd be all over a bottle of Wolf "Dentist" Stansson hair pomade. Which reminds me, in the event that we're ever sued by Disney, this whole "blog" thing never happened. I don't want any squealers to out us to that Mickey Mouse operatio.... well, yeah. Just pretend the last two years was all a figment of Matt Saler's profanity-laced/less-self-respecting portion of his brain. Where was I.)

Oh right, the Olympics. So the Games have begun, and hockey is soon to start. While many of you out there are against the NHL-ers participating and would rather our guys not have to play any additional games, the both of us here are heavily in favor for it. Seeing these players competing at the highest of international levels is awesome and doesn't happen every day, or year, so it's a wonder to behold or some shit like that. We're pumped and I don't mean in the gay way. (Or do I? Hmmm, the plot thickens. Or does it? Hmmmm. HMMMMMM.)

But since I've sworn off making announcements on this site, I'll tentatively say that we (MIGHT) provide game recaps for games that we see, notably the USA ones since we're from America and whatnot. And Sweden for obvious reasons. And Belarus. And the long jump if that ever becomes interesting. We don't plan on hibernating until March, is what I'm getting at.

So make some cocoa, put on your Ugg boots and keep hitting refresh while you wait for the magic. U-S-A!

7 comments:

J.J. from Kansas said...

Wolf "Dentist" Stansson hair pomade? YES. PLEASE.

While you're at it, do you have any of those drugs like the ones Gordon Bombay took to make his leg twice as big the split second before Stansson slashed him? I...uhh...need it for a friend.

cmk said...

I thought I hid my 'Triple Deke fan fiction' site well enough that you would NEVER find it! Damn--I will never make it in the spy/secrecy business.

Word verification: ducheadi
Really now, does someone do these on purpose?

Matt Saler said...

There might be some connection to my brain because I can't gather the wattage to come up with a witty retort...

Osrt said...

^heh, he said wattage...

I'll root for a few players on the US squad, including Miller, but I hate Ron Wilson too much. And I hope a cabby beats the hell out of Kane.

patleb940 said...

Well, well. It will be weird not to cheer for the same team as you guys for these two weeks. I mean, since most of you guys are Americans, I suppose, and I'm Canadian, you know, that puts us in kinda different boats...

I don't know how do you guys feel about it , but since the most prominent Wings olympians are playing for Russia, Sweden and Finland, I find it heartbreaking to cheer against them, especially when there's Crosby, Pronger and Getzlaf on "my" team. As Americans, how do you feel about cheering for Kane, Campbell, etc? At least, you have Rafalski...

So, good luck to team USA, they sure will be a good matchup against Canada next weekend!

Pat

Triple Deke Staff said...

@Pat ...

I have no problem rooting for Kane and anyone else on that team that I don't like for the next two weeks. I'm more interested in the jersey. Maybe I'm wrong here, and I understand that hockey overall means more to Canadians than the average American, but I don't understand why we American hockey fans don't get 100% behind our team like you guys do. I mean it's not even close. And I know as a Wings fan there are more than a couple players on this Canada team that you have to hate, I don't buy any excuse about not liking the players. Plus, we've got a fairly exciting squad compared to 2006, and Zach Parise is enough of a reason to root for this team.

Perhaps I'm the wrong guy to ask then :)

- Tyler

Baroque said...

I'm rooting for Team Russia as much as USA, and maybe even more ... yeas, even more than USA because there are more players I like and it's been a long time since they won gold and since the US is so young and inexperienced, just doing well would be an accomplishment.

Canada has too many players I despise and I want them to lose.