February 18, 2010

Olympics Day #2: Finland vs. Belarus


FINLAND 5 - 1 BELARUS


I told you I was all over that Belarus.

Your favorite Red Wing and my closet-favorite Red Wing scored a goal in this one. Check out Fil going all Holmstrom to pick one up for the Fins. And also check out Olli Jokinen, who has apparently stolen Wendel Clark's mustache. NBC/The Olympics are tools in that I can't embed video, so I'm settling for the far less appealing link. It's Jay Leno's fault.

There was a ton of hockey action on last night. However, I'm getting old and somehow fell asleep at like 10 o'clock. I was so confused. I mean, hell, you all see the 4 a.m. timestamps on some of these posts; a 10 pm bedtime was enough to make me think I had been roofied.

So while I was sleeping I missed Peter Forsberg, Jaromir Jagr, and Uwe Krupp. Or the year 1996, in other words. Highly disappointing. The Swedes won a tough one with Germany 2-0 and the Czechs beat the Slovaks 3-1. My sources tell me that Marian Hossa has already signed a new deal to join the Czech Republic.

11 comments:

Osrt said...

I got a chance to see Fil play but still haven't see the goal. He was creating some nice chances.

Sorry about the roofie...

word: hateleav

Fuch you too

J.J. from Kansas said...

Flip's goal was good and he was one of the most noticeable Fins on the ice (aside from Hagman and his two goals). I also thought that Flip's shifts were shorter than anybody else on the team's. His groin didn't seem to be bothering him, but I'm not a doctor and can't tell how a guy's groin feels from watching it on television (at least not on the channels that aren't scrambled).

Word Verification: opedical (which, I read as "Oedipal" at first, thinking the site was calling me a motherfucker)

Mike said...

How about Dave Lewis as Asst Coach of Team Belarus? Weird.

cmk said...

You KNOW I was all over this game--it is as close as I will EVER get to seeing a relative of mine play hockey, at any level. (My daughter can't seem to birth boys.) Anyway, it was good to see VF play as well as he did--I wish he wouldn't have broken his wrist, cause this would have been his year.

Anonymous said...

According to the H2H forum, happy birthday, Tyler.

Or you lied. Or not. Whatever. Emilio, just try to live longer than your brother.

And I'm only able to comment in here. Is it destiny?

Guilherme

Triple Deke Staff said...

Thank you Herm, yes it is true.

My, you people sure love those word verifications. Of all the things to catch on, that one is pretty random.

patleb940 said...

I know it has nothing to do with the post, but I just wanted to congratulate you for this excellent blog that never fails to entertain me.

Also, I just want to let you guys know that I will be in hockeytown with my wife and my son who will then be 10 months old, on march 26th for the game against the Penguins. Yes, that's only 4 days after the "Herm to Hockeytown" event. If some of you guys plan to go to the game, please let me know and we could meet. But if you meet me, be warned : my spoken English is not very good and my wife is a big Penguin fan. Yes, you read me right, a Red Wings fan married to a Penguins fan. But, rest assured that I will make sure my son is a Red Wings fan as he grows up!

Sorry for that lengthy (and somewhat lame) comment, I'll try not to do it again!

Pat

Fox said...

If you were jonesing for the oldies with Forsberg and Jagr, you must have loved to Slovaks tonight (err, this morning). Half of their team were giving me flashbacks.

Krupp ... is dog-sledding an Olympic sport? How do they check the citizenship of the dogs?

Baroque said...

That's because sometimes there seem to be secret messages in the word verifications.

When did the entire Minnesota Wild team emigrate to Switzerland?

wv: rersey

I like the Team Russia rerseys the most, so far.

patleb940 said...

Erratum in my comment above: the game I will attend is not march 26th, but march 22nd, so 4 days BEFORE H2H.

Word verificiation: lowbound

Pat

What was done said...

Getting old is only in our mind.
Age never prevented people from doing things:
http://www.whatwasdone.com/