SAN JOSE SHARKS 3 - 2 DETROIT RED WINGS (SO)
- If we went 4 whole season without one of these "50 shots/still lose" games, it wouldn't be long enough.
- Who the hell was in goal for the Sharks? What happened to the guy who was something like 2-45 against the Wings? This guy was phenomenal.
- What in the hell was with the ad graphics on the glass behind the goals? I'm not against advertising, I understand it's purpose. But come on, FSD. How about you show John Keating fucking a bag of money while you're at it.
- It couldn't have felt better watching Franzen go top shelf for his first goal. This was on a power play that was drawn by Homer, who stormed the San Jose crease and nearly created an empty net goal for Meech. Anyone who says Homer doesn't add that much to the lineup anymore is a dicktard. (Also, the penalty was on Jed Ortmeyer, the moron who re-injured Kronner. Former Wolverine .... just saying.)
- I'm probably the only one who found this funny: Mick brought up how the Hurricanes are going to be sellers before the trade deadline. Immediately after that sentence, Murph goes "WHITNEYYYY". It was a really weird, loud voice. Yeah it's probably just me.
- Ryan Clowe is a fucking clown. Two Wings games now that he's delivered an elbow and denied it like somebody who was wrongfully accused of murder.
- Also in that boat is Scott Nichol. He'd probably be a player you'd love to have on your team, but he's not, so he's a tool for cross checking Datsyuk in the ribs and then trying to throw a headbutt with the top of his helmet. Also, he looks like a guy who's breath smells like the inside of a colon.
- The Sharks goal at the end of the 1st period was a calamity of defensive suck. You have Drapes pointing at the guy wide open in the slot instead of rotating over to cover for Big E (who I'm starting to think is legally blind). E could've noticed the open man if he wasn't so hellbent at staring a hole through Brad Stuart's ass.
- Jason Williams tangent: I love the people that can't wait to get rid of this guy. If it's because his stock is way up after tonight, that's one thing, but I do not understand how so many people are fine with cutting him lose like he's a detriment. He had a broken leg for God's sake. If he's playing bottom six minutes and the 2nd power play, he's not going to be in your hair that much. When you're one of the five worst teams in the league at scoring goals, I would assume that most people would be in favor of keeping one of the few natural shooters that we have.
- I get the feeling that Joe Thornton hates nothing more on this Earth than playing hockey against Pavel Datsyuk.
- The first trade deadline is tomorrow. Any ideas swirling around in your head? How about the people on the "trade J-Will" wagon -- what do you think you can get for him? Unless Kenny completely swindles somebody, I think that a guy who has been playing 4th line on a one year deal might be more valuable to us than anyone else. I don't know who would give up anything viable for a Jason Williams rental.