August 23, 2010

Acknowledging Justin Abdelkader

(left to right: Justin Abdelkader, Chris Osgood)


A measly $787,000 is going to keep Abdelkader in Detroit for at least two more years.

I wish I could have Ken Holland on retainer to negotiate and barter for me in real life. For instance, I just spend $4.20 on a small chocolate coffee thing at one of those trendy cafe places where you're required to be carrying a New York Times and at least five pounds in hemp-related clothing. It can't truly be worth more than $1.50. It tastes good, even if drinking it makes me feel like I should be eating a tofu bar and wearing a wool cap while I pretend like it's not 85 degrees out. I'm really no better than Brian Burke. The value of what I just paid for is obviously not $4.20, yet I paid it anyway. In a dream world, Holland would just stand behind me and shake his head 'no' whenever I turned around to ask for his approval on something.

Just as he does 99 percent of the time, Holland inks up another great contract. Now we get to do this, which is always fun:

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom
#44 - Filppula - Franzen
Hudler - Modano - Cleary
Abdelkader - Helm - Draper/Eaves/Miller/Ritola

Lidstrom - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Salei - Ericsson

Yes I know about Ruslan Salei signing with the Wings, I just hadn't acknowledged him. I do like the signing though. I was merely having an experiment with the site, which was to see if my prolonged absence would prompt a death threat. I succeeded, as you can see in the comments of the Modano post. It was all the better that it was an anonymous comment too. That wasn't startling at all. Nope.



My apologies that the posts haven't been very frequent this summer. To those that have emailed to gently nudge me awake to write more, I am mostly flattered and somewhat frightened at how much you care. If I didn't answer your email, it's because I'm awkward and didn't know how to respond, not because I'm ignoring you. I cherish your readership like Patrick Kane cherishes a Jell-o shot between a bartender's boobs.

Stay tuned later this week for the next round of the Red Wings Blogger Roundtable, which stops by TTD next.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Osgood to quit horsing around on the golf course and get over here and mow my lawn.

Tram

Anonymous said...

Murder averted.

Triple Deke Staff said...

Thank you, anonymous Internet killer. Thank you for sparing me.

- Tyler

Osrt said...

Glad you're back.

catchpa: shinicat.