August 28, 2010

Stick Tap


Selfishly, (very, very selfishly), the both of us agreed that it sucked to hear that Kyle at Babcock's Death Stare was stepping away from the keyboard and moving on to the real world. If I was stranded on a desert island and for some reason I only had internet access to one Wings blog, I'd probably think to myself, "this would make for a very unrealistic hypothetical situation given the general lack of electricity found on desert islands." And then after a long struggle, I'd probably choose Babcock's Death Stare. Always loaded with content, subtly hilarious, and best of all (worst of all if you're a Pens fan), it makes you think. Every post on that site gives you something to think about in a way you didn't before you read it, and that's what I liked the most.

Of course, we are thrilled for Kyle and hope all the best for him. Why, I even said "This guy should be working for a hockey team" after the first time I read his old site. I was like an indie rock superfan after one read. To see that actually happen is very cool.

You hear that, Grand Rapids Griffins? I DISCOVERED HIM FIRST. Treat him well or I swear I will cut a bitch. I will do it.

Kudos to you Kyle on the mark you've left on the blogging community, and good luck with all that other jazz. Farewell, sir.

2 comments:

Sullyosis said...

Classy move, Tyler. I'll also miss his insight. My, how the blogging world is changing this season...

Kyle said...

Thanks for the kind words sir. I'll definitely be popping in here through the year as time permits.