DETROIT RED WINGS 4 - 2 NASHVILLE PREDATORS
Remember game recaps? Yeah.
- Great for J-Will, not only scoring in his first game back but making Mickey Redmond practically fill the announcer booth with pee. Mick was so overjoyed at Willy keeping his stick on the ice as he drove the net that Ken Daniels was overheard asking for a snorkel.
- Speaking of Mick, did you catch him dropping a "Holy jumpin' Jehoshaphat?" I have heard holy jumpin' I don't know how many times, but I'll be damned if I've heard him put the "Jehoshaphat" at the end there.
- Kronner was inches away from having his head chopped off with a skate during the 2nd Period. I've said it once, I'll say it again: I have no idea how these guys don't routinely die every week playing this sport. Like literally die.
- Way too many golden opportunities for the Preds. But oh what the hell, why even say anything at this point. They know. They know it's bad to turn the puck over around your own goalie and make careless decisions. Me saying anything isn't going to make a difference, despite the fact that they all read this blog for inspiration and tips on what to improve. (That reminds me: Rafalski, you left your fucking hemp sandals at my place again. I bet you think you're all edgy and shit wearing those when it's 8 degrees out. I get it -- you are capable of ordering from an online catalog. Congratulations, you hippie.)
- Johan Franzen is back in 8-12 days, supposedly the St. Louis game before the Olympic break. Jesus Henry Christ. He tore his ACL, this just doesn't seem possible. Is this the year 2093 or something? How has modern science figured a way for him to return this quickly while I can barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? God I hate myself.
- Andreas Lilja supposedly starting a conditioning stint in GR soon. That's so awesome. I feel like such an asshole after all that I've said about him, and to see him skate again would be great. If he makes it back to the NHL, he's going to get an amazing ovation and it's well deserved. Not because he's a terrific hockey player, but because he's a good guy who lost a year of his career because he was filling a void for an enforcer-less team last February.
- Another ridiculous night for Jimmy, posting 46 saves. On the TOV podcast, I mentioned how I'd feel better about having a hot Osgood going into the playoffs over a hot Jimmy (hey now) because of the experience factor. Well whatever, I don't even really know what that means. Jim looks so confident that if he still somehow looks like this in three months .... screw it. It's his job.
- Lidstrom is heating up, with three goals in his last three games. He's playing like he's 36 years old again.
We will be down at the Joe Saturday night watching the 12th ranked Spartans of Michigan State take on some yuppies. Whether you care or not we will have a full report Monday as our brand new virgin assed podcast will debut next week, also talking about the Wings/Pens game.
Go Wings, Go Green.