DALLAS STARS 4 - 1 DETROIT RED WINGS
- My favorite "Murph-ism" ever was created last night. In describing Patrick Eaves: "He's very tough hockey." I'm just .......... I'm not going to say anything. I don't want to ruin the moment. Just gonna leave it be, take it in. He is very tough hockey. By God.
- Odd moment happened midway through the 1st. Dallas' Jason Williams played a shift and inadvertently went to take a seat on the Red Wings bench, but nobody on either team seemed to notice.
- Toby Petersen. Haha, Toby. That's a dog's name.
- Goofy first goal from Dallas, in that you don't ever see a goal result from a defensive breakdown from Pavel Datsyuk. Stuart chased out to the high slot, leaving Pav the only Star to cover down low, Mike Ribiero, who was alone for the easiest non-empty net goal I think I've ever seen.
- 2-0 Stars .... disgusting goal from Loui Eriksson. Kronner had to have felt like the loneliest man in Detroit not keeping that puck in at the blue line. And then a rarity for Joe Louis Arena, with the home fans showing their displeasure with some annoyed boos.
- At the halfway point of the game, I was just waiting for the third Stars goal. It's a pretty embarrassing game when Mike Ribiero is doing whatever he wants (including jawing with JLA fans a little later). Then it happened, almost mercifully just to kill the tension. 3-0 Stars. You could tell that Jimmy was pissed about what was going on in front of him -- he showed it from the first Dallas goal.
- Then Ribiero got checked into Jimmy's lap and he just about lost it. Not sure I blame him.
- The best thing that Jonathan Ericsson has done in weeks is get a few punches in on Steve Ott in a 3-0 contest.
If this game were a meal, it would be a dog shit enchilada. Fuck.