NASHVILLE PREDATORS 4-1 DETROIT RED WINGS
- I've never seen a person eye-fuck a camera the way that Drew Miller does in this photo. That doesn't look like a guy who probably keeps an assortment of hard candies in an old Ed Sullivan novelty tin, but it is.
- I just want to say: credit to Jonathan Ericsson for desperately trying to keep the backward fitted baseball cap alive. For a guy who often appears to have a hockey IQ on par with this guy and is an allegedly not-retarded hockey player, he certainly has enough brains to know how to appeal to my inner Fred Durst fan (who is a shrunken, shriveled up version of a dead Dion Phaneuf.)
- Next game is Sunday, with the major selling point of course being that the new Fox Sports Detroit girl will be revealed during the game. *SPOILER ALERT* The winner will be Karen Newman when she wallops the actual winner with a steel chair and tears out her scalp to wear it as a victory crown.
- I chained myself to a couch after destroying my back at work yesterday morning. I'm not seeking pity -- I'm just offering a poor-at-best explanation for why I was watching an hour's worth of NFL Network's "Top 10 nicknames" this afternoon. It made me think, once again, of the "Eurotwins" moniker and how much disdain I have for it. Take off your Red Wings fan hat for a moment (which is tinfoil and molded in the shape of Mike Babcock's testicles) and ask yourself: is there a worse nickname in all of sports? Not only are they not twins, but there's actually a pair of European twins who are teammates in the NHL and are really good. And are they even 100% "Euro"? Datsyuk's from Russia.... that's like, sort of Asian. Not "Jiri Hudler's eyes" sort of Asian -- I mean like it's actually kind of in/around/on the continent of Asia. It's by China and stuff. And even if you wanted to play up the twins thing anyway: Their games aren't that similar; they're just both great hockey players (with one being a level above the other). Pain medication is cool, by the way.
- I don' t think this was Babcock's finest hour. That's about as close as I can come to saying something negative about him. I'd sooner fabricate something entirely fictional like "My dad has sex with dead bodies on top of a bunch of other dead bodies" and frame it as truth before saying something really bad about Babcock.
- That Rinne save on Zetterberg late in the 2nd period was absolutely insane. Saves like that are the reason I won't even bat an eyelash when the Preds beat us in five games in the first round. (Relax, relax. I'm like 55% sure that I'm joking.)
With a confused sigh: Go Wings.